Our growing client on the northwest side of Indy is seeking a Tech Support Engineer with SQL Development experience to join due to tremendous growth within the organization; great potential for personal and career development. This person will design, install, monitor, maintain, and continuously improve database needs while providing technical support to both internal and external users. Reporting to the CIO, this position joins a closeknit technical team and requires an excellent ability to work as a team player as well as complete tasks independently.
- Strategy and Planning: Develop long-term strategic goals and develop database architectures, coding standards and QA policies and procedures. Design and implement redundant systems for disaster recovery and data archiving. Conduct research and make recommendations on products, services, protocols and standards.
- Technical Support: Monitor/Manage incoming technical support requests; resolve issues related to database performance, reports, jobs, stored procedures, etc.
- Operational Management: Create models for new database development. Plan data migrations between systems. Develop, implement and maintain change controls for modifications to databases. Perform security audits and establish appropriate database access control levels.
- BS Degree in Computer Science or Database Administration and/or 5 years of equivalent work experience
- Hands-on experience with database standards and end user applications
- Excellent knowledge of data backup, recovery, security, integrity and SQL
- Familiar with: Java, C#, MS SQL and .Net
- Experience with Rest API, SDLC and Visual Studio is a plus
- Salesforce Service Cloud experience is a plus
- Advanced knowledge of SQL Job Agents and Stored Procedures