This senior staff position prevents, detects, and responds to information threats and security breaches through technical security programs designed to protect the integrity of healthcare employer’s networks, systems, applications and data.
- Maintains and communicates Information Security policies and coordinates company-wide Information Security controls.
- Supports security administration compliance. Conducts and responds to audits coordinating company-wide information technology controls.
- Accountable for monitoring and improving quality of services provided. Provide leadership to vendors and manages long-term external vendor partnerships.
- Delivers strategic and tactical systems initiatives.
- Oversees the development, deployment, delivery, and support of Information Security, services to internal and external business partners.
- Responds to alerts indicating security breaches
- Leads triage and investigation and may coordinate resolution of security incidents
- Monitors and researches new and emerging threats to preemptively eliminate the possibility of system breach; stays current on information security websites
- Reports, investigates and coordinates resolution of security incidents
- Prepares and communicates threat assessments
- Determines applicability of threats to environment
- Provides technical leadership for on-site teams as well as vendor teams including off-shore
- Drives continuous improvement efforts and implements best practices; ensures adherence
- Leverages key metrics and reports to develop strategies to assess and enhance overall service performance
- Supports the deployment of new functions/applications into the production environment
- Assists in developing, implementing and maintaining policies, procedures, and programs for ensuring the security and integrity of company data, databases, information systems, and technology.
- 5+ years of Information Security experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a related field
- Experience evaluating and supporting package software solutions
- Proven experience through the entire life cycle of software development
- Ability to coordinate efforts across multiple teams and at multiple point in system lifecycle
- Strong written, verbal, and presentational communication skills
- Ability to understand and analyze complex business problems in order to define and develop technology-based solutions
- Ability to work independently and make decisions within the scope of responsibility
- Advanced degree in MIS, Computer Science or related field
- Demonstrated experience securing large enterprise networks
- Experience with healthcare Information Security, Compliance and Disaster Recovery
|Position||Information Security Engineer (healthcare)|
|Location||Anywhere, USA (100% remote)|
|Type||Fulltime with excellent benefits|